Before learning a language, we should take some time to look at the country history, culture, and geography. Here in this article, we've rounded up with some interesting and fun facts about Spain. This will give you some information about this country.
- The Kingdom of Spain (Spanish: Reino de España)
- Capital: Madrid
- Official and national language: Spanish
- Population: 46,423,064 (2015 census)
- Area: 505,990 km2 (195,360 sq mi)
Fun facts about Spain
1. Spain has a very low birthrate. Most attribute this to high unemployment, low wages and steep housing costs.
2. Food is important in Spain and often a topic of conversation. Additionally, they often go on walks after a meal to help them digest their meal.
3. Football is the country´s most important sport. Spain won its first World Cup football title in 2010, which made the country the 8th country to have ever won.
4. The Spanish name for Spain is España.
5. The Spanish language is spoken in many areas of the world due to the early influence of the Spanish Empire.
6. Spain is located in Europe.
7. The currency used in Spain is the Euro.
8. In Spain they drive on the right-hand side of the road.
9. Spain has a variety of foods and unique dishes such as paella (a type of rice dish) and tapas (a range of small snacks or appetizers).
10. Despite being one of the largest and most powerful countries in the world, Spain did not officially participate in either the First or the Second World War.
Follow our site to get more interesting information!